Remember the Lusitania T-Shirt
Item is in stock Only 0 left in stock Item is out of stock Item is unavailable
Originally designed and produced on behalf of the National World War I Museum in Kansas City, MO, CIVVIESUPPLY’s Remember the Lusitania T-Shirt honors the memory of the lives lost during the sinking of the torpedoed RMS Lusitania in 1915 — an event that contributed to the USA’s eventual entry into World War I.
The British ocean liner HMS Lusitania was on its way from New York to Liverpool when it was torpedoed by a German U-boat on May 7th, 1915. The ship sank in just 18 minutes, leaving many passengers and crew trapped below decks. The loss of life was staggering, with over 1,100 people killed, including 128 Americans.
The sinking of the Lusitania caused outrage in the United States and other countries. The Germans had violated the laws of war by attacking a civilian passenger ship, and the loss of American lives added fuel to the fire. President Woodrow Wilson demanded that Germany cease unrestricted submarine warfare, but Germany refused.
The sinking of the Lusitania helped to turn the tide of public opinion in the United States, which had previously been divided about entering the war. The sinking was seen as an act of aggression by Germany, and it helped to galvanize support for American involvement in the war.
- Main graphic on the back of the shirt
- Features the CIVVIESUPPLY original Flags Forward design on the front chest pocket area
- Incredibly soft fabric blend feels amazing and maintains its shape
- Custom original CIVVIESUPPLY design — accept no substitutes!
- Locally printed in SC with a hand-applied silkscreen print
- Made with top-shelf inks that will last through hundreds of washings
- Fits true to size with a slightly tailored fit
- Available in Heather Navy