Lest We Forget Pocket T-Shirt
Item is in stock Only 0 left in stock Item is out of stock Item is unavailable
Originally designed and produced on behalf of the National World War I Museum in Kansas City, MO, CIVVIESUPPLY’s Lest We Forget T-Shirt is inspired by the remembrance poppies worn worldwide by citizens honoring their military service members who died in war, a practice that originated during World War I.
Today, several nations that comprised the Allied Powers during World War I still use "Lest We Forget" to remember their fallen service members: Great Britain and Canada on Remembrance Day, Australia and New Zealand on ANZAC Day, and the United States on Memorial Day.
On May 3rd, 1915, Canadian physician John McCrae penned a poem of remembrance in honor of his friend who'd been killed in the Second Battle of Ypres just days earlier. The popularity of the poem led to the wearing of remembrance poppies, and its words are still read in remembrance ceremonies across the world.
"Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields." — John McCrae
This is a premium, ultrasoft cotton pocket tee. It is stonewashed, garment dyed, will last forever, and will only get softer and softer with each wash.
- Original, vintage-inspired CIVVIESUPPLY design
- Screenprinted the old-fashioned way locally, in small batches, with premium waterbased inks
- Each batches coloring is slightly unique, due to hand-printed processes
- Stonewashed and garment-dyed: The type of shirt famous in the South for its soft, casual feel. (Perfect for the beach or a Friday night party!)
- Pocket on the front left chest, main design on the back
- 5.5-6.1 oz/yard fabric: thick and soft
- Old-school fit: Fits true to size, but a bit more loose. Not athletic/tight.
- No-shrink comfort, wash after wash
- Color: Classic White